You know how in the movies people are always sitting on the train with their Starbucks, blogging, while gazing out the window thinking deep thoughts? Well, I'm doing it. Except I have no Starbucks, I have no deep thoughts, and the only reason I'm gazing out the window is so I don't lose the pre-packaged turkey sandwich I cautiously ate from the "Bistro Car".
All in all, the train isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Aside from the bumpiness, it's actually pretty relaxing. And for an average person with an average stomach, the bumpiness is probably nothing. Let's just say I don't have the strongest stomach, especially when it comes to motion sickness.
I purchased a "business class" ticket (I'm very fancy) since I had no idea what to expect, and I'm glad I did. I was a little skeptical as I waited in the station. The lobby was full of some interesting people. Eric suggested I take out my camera and secretly document them all. Which would have been a great idea and something I would have otherwise done, if I didn't think that 87% of them were on bath salts and would potentially eat my camera. Needless to say, I'm glad I went with the car upgrade. It's full of much more normal people.
One thing that I did LOVE about the train station was all of the graffiti. For some reason, I've always loved graffiti and think it's such a colorful display of some very talented artists' work. It's unfortunate that these people can't use their talents in a more positive way, but I've always loved seeing the different forms of art, and the train station didn't disappoint! You can find tons of books about street art on Amazon.com, they make for great coffee table books! THIS one's a great one :)
{I thought the Portland station was SO cute and classic!}
Well, as my first train experience comes to an end, I'll leave you with the "life-reminder" I got out of today. Try new things! Embrace your fears, and do things that scare you. Make a bucket list and actually cross things off. Go out and experience this amazing world we have been given. Embarrass yourself, be awkward, and feel uncomfortable in the process. What have you got to lose?










No comments:
Post a Comment