I'm on my first trip since becoming homeless! The Rivercats are playing a few days in Tacoma, Washington so I hopped on a plane after the longest game ever (4 hours+) and headed out. Packing was a mess, as all of my suitcases were completely full of stuff. After about 6 trips down stairs to the garage {the parking garage} to get clothes out of my closet {the back seat of our car} I finally finished stuffing what I thought was a sufficiently packed bag, or two.
Lies. As I got to Tacoma, I vowed never to pack during the wee hours of the morning ever again. My bags consisted of a couple pairs of jeans, a few pairs of shorts, plenty of shoes, scarves and other unnecessary accessories, and about 4 shirts. Did you catch that last part? I'm on a 12 day vacation, and I brought 4 shirts... Either my subconscious was trying to set me up nicely to do some shopping while I'm gone, or it was 2am when I finished packing and I didn't have a clue what was going into that bag.
[hotel in Tacoma. great view. lovely weather. so far]
Anyways, I'm glad to be here, and super excited to spend a week with my family while Eric finishes off his road trip. I'm pretty lucky and get to see my family more than the average baseball "person". They drive out to see us every so often, and I get to go up there every few months or so which is always fun. The girls just get bigger and bigger every time I see them! Don't worry, I'm sure there will be tons of pictures to come! I'm slightly more obsessed with them than I am with my camera. If you're unaware of my camera obsession, here's a little glimpse...
I'm so excited to finally be somewhere that really does feel like home. Wherever I'm with my family or Eric is home to me. I'm so appreciative of the constant support of family and friends, and the never-ending love my husband gives me!









What a beautiful reflection on the baseball "wifestyle" :) Its hard to always be in a state of packing, but you seem to have a great view on the qualities of home. Eric is lucky to have you. ;) Take care. Love your blog. -Keli Alvarez
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Keli! You're so sweet. I'm sure this is all stuff you can relate to! Hope to run into you sometime down the road :)
ReplyDelete