8.27.2012

Raining, Pouring

Well, they say when it rains it pours. Just as Eric's back was finally starting to get better, tragedy struck. Okay, okay. I'm pushing it. There was no real tragedy, but it does suck. 

Eric was taking ground balls before the game while the team took bp (batting practice). This was going to be his second rehab start (a game you play when you're coming back from an injury, you play a few innings with triple-a, or wherever, to slowly ease you back into playing without re-injuring yourself). Back to the story. As he was taking ground balls, someone threw a ball in from the outfield and naturally, it rolled right under Eric's left ankle. So that was that! X-rays were negative, and he sustained a high ankle sprain. So, we're still on the DL. It has been almost a week, and his ankle is definitely feeling much better. But how annoying, right?

I won't lie. It's been great getting to spend so much time with him! BUT nobody ever likes to see their husband hurt, especially when his body is his job. I have no doubt that he'll be back to playing as soon as he can. Thank you all for the continued prayers and well wishes, we love you all!

In other news, I helped shoot yet another wedding. I know, you're all gonna be tired of this. I'll have a website soon so you won't have to deal with my million-picture posts! This one was great, though. It was at the San Francisco Art Institute, was on top of the building, and overlooked the city. It was a gorgeous location, and the bride and groom were so ridiculously in love it made for some great shots! 

 {Views don't get much better than this}

 {Walking to the trolleys}

 {Cable car love}

 {So, he was a little shorter...true love has no height requirements}

 {They started dancing after they realized they were actually getting married}

 {Fake tattoo}

 {So sweet}

{And to end with one my my personal favorites: brotherly love}

Eric and I couldn't be happier with where we are in our lives. Yes, it's been a crazy move, call-up, send-down, DL kinda year, but we have so much to be thankful for. We are so blessed to have each other in all of this, and wouldn't have it any other way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment