The curse of the flights has struck again. Every time I go to book a flight, I have the feeling. You know, the knot in your stomach. That little whisper in the back of your mind telling you NOT to do it. But what do I do each time? I book it anyways of course. I book it KNOWING that something is going to happen in which I will never step foot on the flight I so hesitantly booked.
So here's how it was supposed to work. I was going to visit friends in AZ for a couple days of nonstop craziness, sun and catching up, fly from Phoenix to Kansas City to watch Eric play oh-so-amazingly, then simply fly back home. Well, I should have known better. The baseball Gods are out to get me.
I would like you all to know that I have booked, cancelled, and re-booked flights using the same credit 8 times this year. I should have been to Arizona, Colorado, Reno, Tacoma, Salt Lake, Vegas, Seattle, and Kansas City, but what happens each time I book these flights? Something. Anything to make sure I don't get on those planes. This time it was the DL.
As I mentioned a little at the end of my last post, Eric had hurt his back. The day after I got to Arizona, Eric called and told me that he would be heading there as well. He was put on the 15-day disabled list and they were sending him to Phoenix to rehab. All-in-all it wasn't so bad (I only say that because he is almost 100% again). We were able to see lots of friends, Eric's parents, and spend a lot of much needed time together.
After a negative MRI, rest, and treatment, his back is doing MUCH better! Thanks so much to all of you who kept him in your prayers the past couple of weeks! He is in Sacramento for the next few days making a few rehab starts, and then is eligible to come off the DL on Wednesday. We have no idea whether we'll be back in Oakland or Sacramento, but either way are just happy to be healthy and playing again!
On another note, yesterday was Family Day at the field. This is a day where they allow all of the families on the field to get family pictures and let the kids run around and have some fun. I got a few shots, and one of my lovely wifey friends got a few of Eric and I :)
{Love these two}
{My girl Tina and her bf Tommy}
{How cute is Brady?!}
How adorable are these shirts?! They are made online at Tiny Turnip. The website has millions of choices to customize shirts etc. for lots of different sports. They're a liiiiittle pricey, but so worth it!!
{Gosh, I love this guy}
I wish I had pictures of our travels and adventures in AZ, but we were honestly so busy I didn't have time to get my camera out once! I had SO much fun with my girlfriends laying by the pool, dinners etc. We even made a late night gangster music video to Nelly...I'll just let you use your imagination with that one. And yes, we are 15.
Again, thanks for all of your support and prayers while Eric has been injured. I'm excited for him to be back and playing soon, and can't believe the season is almost over!













No comments:
Post a Comment