7.01.2012

"Marriage is like a beard..."

This weekend, I was able to assist/2nd shoot my first wedding! It was amazing! An awesome photographer in the bay area, Erich Valo of Magnolia Weddings, took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. He was so great, and taught me so much in the 10 hr span I spent following him around assisting him. I asked a thousand questions, picked his brain to death, and had such a fun time learning from him. He let me shoot almost the entire night, which was great. The wedding party was definitely an interesting and exciting group, and the guests didn't disappoint either. From the handlebar mustache, walking down the aisle to the Beatles, a little person (how p.c. of me), and wedding guest in the green plaid kilt, this was definitely a fun and interesting night. The bride's sister had twin babies that were around all night, and I just could not get enough of them! So cute! My personal favorite from the night was the best man's, "Marriage is like a beard" speech. It was definitely fitting, and gave everyone in the room a good laugh.

I had such a fun time, and can't thank Erich enough for letting me help out. I am hoping to be in town for his next few weddings, and luckily he is completely understanding of my crazy life and schedule. Here are some of my favorites from the night...

 {Piper was enthralled with my camera. I almost stole her.}

{On the 32nd floor overlooking San Francisco}

 {Stupid fern}

{Gorgeous bride Chrissi}

 {Groom and his groomsmen}



 {The infamous speech}

{56 years of marriage}




{Had to end with this gem}

Apparently by "some" I meant, a lot. Sorry. I love pictures. Besides that, Eric and I are doing great! After a 4 day trip to Fresno, CA we are free for an entire 3 days! No baseball, just relaxation and fun. Eric recently discovered that Six Flags is about half an hour from our place in Oakland. So I have no doubt that we will be making an appearance during the All-Star Break. Eric has been doing great, and keeping healthy! We couldn't ask for more!

3 comments: