7.06.2012

Red, White, and Cupcakes

I love the 4th of July! Growing up, I have great memories of cutting coupons from the newspaper, buying our fireworks from the street stand, riding the ponies by the fireworks tent (but only until I was about 14 or so...awkward?), and my parents sitting in lawn chairs in the cul-de-sac while I lit as many fireworks as I could off at once. In reality, I probably only lit off one at a time, and they were probably only a little more dangerous than sparklers, but I'd like to think that my hardcore-ness began at a young age. 

Nowadays, my 4th of July's are spent at the baseball field {shocking, I know}, watching fireworks from the dugout bench. It's one of the few times a year that I get to actually go onto the field with my husband and I always enjoy seeing everything from a different view. This year the Rivercats were out of town for the 4th, so they had their celebration the day before when the guys were still home. It was a sold out crowd and us girls and families were able to enjoy the game from a suite. The next day we headed up to Fresno, where Eric's team is playing the Grizzlies for a 5 game series. Fresno isn't the greatest place in the world to play, and I have no doubt that this will be the topic of my next, very interesting post. So, for the actual 4th of July, us girls were able to head down onto the field and watch the fireworks with our guys. 

We are infinitely grateful to those who have risked or given their lives so that we can have the freedoms  we have today. I am so proud to be an American! 

 {Sold out crowd at the Rivercats game}

{My attempt at fireworks without a tripod}

 {Eric always yells at me for not putting pictures of myself, so here I am with my patriotic cupcakes}

 {Yeah...about that tripod...}

{Fireworks in the dugout in Fresno}

We have had a few fun days in Fresno already, and with a few left, I'm sure I'll have some good material for my next post. We hope everyone had a great and safe 4th of July! 

1 comment: