When we arrived back at our home in Sacramento, I was slightly...bitter, for lack of a better word. Let's be honest. A hotel is NOT a home! <--- oops! There I go again. *deep breath* Okay, let's try this again. Even though a hotel is not what I would call an optimal living arrangement, it could be worse. When we were in Oakland, I saw handfuls of homeless people throughout the day. It always breaks my heart, and I always try to give as much as I can. That being said, I quickly realized that complaining about my hometel {hometel: (hohm-tel) noun, a commercial establishment offering lodging to traveling and sometimes permanent baseball families} was not helping the situation in any way. This is when I decided a list was in order. I always see things telling you to make a daily list of the things you are thankful for. So I decided to make a list of the things I am thankful for/appreciate about our hometel.
A list of things I am thankful for/appreciate about our hometel:
1. Yes, you guessed it! Maid service. Who doesn't like coming home to a clean room and a freshly made bed?
2. The option of soft or firm pillows.
3. The location. Happens to be attached to a mall, and is a 10 minute walk to the field.
4. Blackout curtains.
5. Free internet. Hotels never have free internet nowadays!
6. Unlimited amounts of ice from the ice machine, to keep my leftovers cold.
...and now I'm pushing it, so that's about where my list ends. I'll keep you updated if I discover any more ;)
I hate posting without any pictures, so here are a few from a trip Eric and I took a while ago to Monterey and Santa Cruz. Monterey has an amazing aquarium! I'm such a little kid when it comes to stuff like that. Eric had to scold me multiple times for touching things I wasn't supposed to, and he may or may not have had to drag me away from the sea otters after staring at them through the glass for 20+ minutes.
{The jelly exhibit was amazing!!}
{Any resemblance?}
{He loved the sharks}
{This guy had a microphone so he could talk to the kids and answer questions, so cool!}
After the aquarium we went to Santa Cruz and played and had dinner on the boardwalk. It was a lot of fun, and we had some amazing clam chowder right on the pier, yum!

















No comments:
Post a Comment