Eric and I have now entered what we like to call the yo-yo year of baseball. This is where you are constantly being called up, and sent back down. Over, and over. Up, and down. Like a yo-yo. Get it? I think you got it. One week and 3 at-bats later, we're headed back down to triple A. I'm going to be a nerd now and share a quote that Eric gave to reporters this morning, it pretty much sums up our feelings. "It's frustrating, but it's part of the game so I understand it. You take what you're given and make the best of it." Have I told you all how much I love this guy?! Seriously. Everyday he continues to amaze me. It would be SO easy to complain in a situation like this (and the others we have dealt with), but has he ever? Of course not. He is the most humble person I have ever met, and I am beyond lucky to have such an awesome better half!
In other news, yesterday was a great day! Last year in Oakland, the A's wives did a fundraiser for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). This event is where we met dedicated A's fan, Corey Reich, who is one of the faces for an ALS research organization called Young Faces of ALS. I can't even begin to describe what an awesome person Corey is, I just love him! One of my fellow wives, Brooke Sizemore, decided to help out with raising some money for this organization again this year. So I jumped on board to help out in any way I could! The big event we decided to help out with this year was their annual corn toss tournament! Our team "Corey's Girls" raised over $5000! That's more than any other team that entered. Yes, I'm bragging.
Yesterday, Brooke and I ventured into San Francisco and competed in the tournament. It was an absolute blast! We hung out with Corey, did some interviews with the local news, and made the top 10 in a 160 team tournament! I am honored to have been able to help raise money for such an amazing cause, and a special thanks to all of you who donated to our team. Please, please pray for a cure.
I'll leave you with this.
"You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Unknown













This is my first post, but just wanted to say I think it's awesome how you've both kept positive attitudes and found ways to express gratitude in your trials. Keep up the good work, your friends Liz and Devin.
ReplyDeleteThanks you two! We've had some awesome friends who have been great examples to us ;) We love you and miss you lots! Come visit soon please :)
DeleteWe are really proud of you both. You have been great examples to us all. We love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama, we love you guys!!
Deleteso cute!! I agree, have to take the ups and downs and just rollllllll with it! easier said then done! my boyfriend plays minor league :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely easier said than done ;) I'm sure you can relate! Loving your blog!
Delete