6.21.2012

Root Beer Floats & Fans

Yum! Yesterday was Root Beer Float Day at the A's game! At this event, fans get the chance to purchase A's mugs for their floats, and the proceeds go to support juvenile diabetes. A few of the players, a bunch of us wives/girlfriends, and local celebrities put on our aprons and got nice and sticky serving up these delicious floats! One thing that I particularly love about being part of Major League Baseball, and the A's in particular, is the opportunity we have to be involved in so many charities and fundraisers. I love that Eric is in a position where both of us are able to do so many things to make a difference in the community. 

 {All of us girls}

{This picture was tweeted to me by a fan. His son was adorable in his Nacho Libre mask!}

I do have to admit. It was definitely a little weird having people ask for pictures with me/us, and even our autographs! I mean seriously, what in the world is someone going to do with MY autograph! Haha! I felt like I was ruining whatever it was I was signing! 

Besides that, it was so much fun getting to meet lots of Eric's fans, and feel all of the support he has from people we don't even know. I get the chance to interact with lots of fans through Twitter, and it was great getting to meet a bunch of them in person! They all say that they love following us wives on Twitter because it helps them see the "other" side of our lives, outside of baseball. 

...

Today was a day game, and my parents last game of their trip here. We expected it to be really hot out, so we got a suite so we could hopefully stay cool. It ended up being super cold, so we were actually nice and warm. Worked out perfectly I guess! We loved having my family here and being able to spend lots of time with them. Here are a few pics from the day. I didn't have my camera, so these are courtesy of Instagram!


{Keeping it classy, as usual}

On a side note, Eric played great yesterday and went 1-3! We're very thankful for all of the chances we have to help make a difference, and are so very blessed to be where we are!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment