7.24.2012

Kaycee Sofa

I'm feeling extra blessed today! This morning I had the opportunity to go to the Salvation Army and spend the morning with 15+ amazing kids! The Booth Memorial Day Care Center provides care and pre-kindergarten schooling for children that come from homes that are considered in poverty by the state. 

The staff at Booth has been beyond welcoming to us girls, and have invited us to come by whenever we get a chance. I love playing with the kids, and it also gives the teachers a little break as well. These kids are some of the sweetest and most loving kids ever. The second I walked in, I had 4 kids attached to my leg, a few girls behind me braiding my hair, and a couple of the adorable boys showing me their cool Spiderman shirts. 

{Are they not the cutest?!}

I have been a couple of times now, and it is always an amazing time. Today was full of questions. From "Where does your grandma live?" to "What's your last name?". That's where Kaycee Sofa came from. Apparently I need to enunciate a little better. It never fails to amaze me how inquisitive kids can be, and how eager they are to learn about anything and everything. I want to become more like that. 

These kids are amazing and are so full of love. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to spend some time with them.

"The happiest people do not have the best of everything. They make the best of everything they have."

2 comments:

  1. This is why I love you! Your awesome :)

    ReplyDelete