Well it has surely been an eventful few days! I haven't even had half a second to sit down and fill you all in on the continued nonsense. A few of the other wives and I worked on baby shower stuff for two straight days. I think I went to Wal-Mart more times in the last two days than I have in my entire life. And let me tell you, I could absolutely go the rest of my life without another trip and be perfectly content. For those of you in Oregon and surrounding areas, your Wal-Mart is 100% different than Wal-Mart here in California. There were multiple times where I was sure I was going to be shot, and almost sent out my will via text {Gayle: shoes, Hannah: clothes, Kelli: tennis rackets etc etc}.
Before I get to the Wal-Mart fiasco, let's jump back a day. Eric leaves for Tacoma and I have no phone charger but the one in my car. He tells me (or I think he tells me) that the car charger has the removable usb piece to plug into the computer. I get my morning Jamba Juice, and stop by the car to grab the charger. As I step out of the car to look for the keys that I can't find, the door shuts. Not only do I lock the keys in there, but my Jamba Juice as well. As my Protein Berry Workout sat there mocking me, I waited for the 12 year old locksmith to come and charge me way too much to break into my car.
The next day, was much better. My friend who is pregnant (the one with the baby shower) needed some maternity photos done, so we headed to Old Town Sacramento. We had lots of fun, and definitely got a few keepers! Here are a few of my favorites...
{Um is she a supermodel?}
We had a blast, and it made it a wee bit easier since she's absolutely gorgeous and SO photogenic! A couple of days later, I did the whole 17 Wal-Mart trips in one day. To make this story short and sweet, I walked into Wal-Mart with a phone, and left without one. Not sure if I left it somewhere, or if it was taken from my bag, but either way it was gone. Yes people, that is the second phone in as many months that has ended up in the hands of an awfully dishonest person here in California. So, I have a brand new iPhone and am hoping that the 3rd time's the charm. Eric told me he may chain it to my hand, and that if I lose it again, I will be grounded and have no phone for a month :(
Skip to today. I picked up Eric from the airport after his crazy trip to Tacoma. One 13 inning game, one 18 inning game, and one 5:30am wakeup call only to be delayed at the airport later, he was finally back in Sacramento. He gets in the car, and says he got a call. Yep, we headed straight to Oakland! My poor husband was completely exhausted, and in tonight's lineup. He's a rockstar. As always, we're not sure how long we'll be here, but we're so glad to be here. Despite all of the dumb things I dealt with this week, we have been so blessed, and the call-up definitely eased my many wounds. Also, this is the 3rd time we have been in Oakland this year, maybe the third time's the charm? Whatever happens, we are beyond grateful to be back in Oakland and are excited to see what the next few weeks have in store for us.
Moral of today's story: No Jamba Juice is worth $150, Wal-Mart sucks, and no matter how many trials you seem to have in your life, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.















Hahaa I love this! Sounds like the baseball life! I love love the picture where she is blowing a bubble! Your becoming quite the photographer! Miss you xoxo
ReplyDeleteLol seriously, what a disaster week. And thanks!! I love doing it, and it keeps me busy :) Miss you too, you sound like you're doing well! Wish I could come visit lol
DeleteGood job Sogards! You are both doing a fabulous job at juggling the crazy act of life. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too!! Come visit soon please! :)
DeleteLove those pics!!! Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! It helps having a beautiful model! :)
Delete