Last night after Eric's game I got the "I might be a bit, I've gotta pack up ;)" text. That's right, we got called back up to the big leagues! I say 'we' because I like to think of us as a team. It's one of the best feelings ever! When you get that call-up, a million things start running through your head. Most of it is excitement, and for me, that feeling of being SO proud of my husband I literally jump for joy. Literally.
After being in Sacramento for one whole night, we were once again leaving. But this time it was a much happier move! No whining, crying, or complaining like last time ;) Our lives were still packed up in the car, making the move pretty quick. We headed back to the hotel to pack up our suitcases, stopped for gas (and maybe some fast food), and were on the road by 11:45pm. After a quick hour and a half drive, we were back in our little apartment, and boy does it feel good!
Traveling is fun, and it's great to be able to experience and see all of these new places, but it's definitely nice to have somewhere to call home. Eric had been in a hotel for just over 3 weeks. It gets old. Fast. We are just beyond thankful to be back in Oakland for so many reasons I can't even name them all. The first thing we did before packing up last night was to get on our knees and thank God for all of our many, many blessings. We have been so blessed, and guided in this last month in so many ways. The blessings we have received are infinite and we are so thankful for each and every one of them!
We're so happy to be back, even though we have no idea how long it will be. Could be a week, could be the rest of the season. If you haven't figured it out already, our life is somewhat unpredictable. One thing we continue to learn in all of this, is to be thankful for what we have and where we are, no matter the situation. I know I've said it before but we are so grateful for all of the support we have from family and friends. We love you guys and appreciate the love you give us, even from a distance!
Thankful and happy.








Yay! So exciting!
ReplyDeletewoot!
ReplyDeleteso excited for you guys!! can't wait to see him play the mariners next week!
ReplyDelete