I'd just like to give a quick shout out to everyone in Eugene, "You're welcome!".
Yes, since I've been here the weather has been pretty much perfect, and I'd like to think that I'm to blame. When I left Sacramento, it was high 80's and getting hotter by the minute. Well today was low 80's here, and more gorgeous than ever! Let me just tell you that Oregon in the summer is the place. to. be.
Yesterday was a fun-filled day of early afternoon church, then a beautiful evening outside enjoying the weather. We played some whiffle ball in the backyard, and if your slow-pitch team ever needs a ringer, you know who to call...(here's a little sneak peek into our backyard shenanigans)
Aside from all that, today was pretty low key. CJ had her 5th grade promotion this evening, so naturally, we made signs, blocked people's views holding them up, cheered at inappropriate times, and embarrassed her as much as we thought necessary. Needless to say, she claimed to not even hear us as she walked across the stage. Which is crazy, as I was using my loudest, best, deepest male yelling voice. Anyways, the ceremony was cute, the kids sang Katy Perry "Firework", and I learned (after attending a pre-k graduation and 5th grade promotion) that I'm not very good at "holding my applause until the end". I guess I"ll have to work on that.
{Headed off to middle school!}
{Take one. Photo credit to my father.}
{Take two.}
{Take three. I got a little crazy apparently, what's new?}
On a side note, I've noticed people giving me lots of dirty looks. Mostly during said graduation(s) and church. Look people. I get to watch my husband work on my phone. <-----that's kind of creepy. Whenever I'm not traveling with him, I always watch his games on my phone or computer. Luckily, they show the games live on milb.com, so it's nice to be able to watch him play, even if I'm not there. I always pull my phone out to check it, see how he's doing, and see if they're winning. But I've realized that I could probably choose more appropriate times to do so. Checking game tracker probably isn't going to change the outcome of the game, so there's no point in being distracted from what I'm doing. Inappropriate habit #2 that I need to work on. So note to self: live in the moment!
Love and be loved.











No comments:
Post a Comment