5.29.2013

Perks...and Dolphins.

One of the perks of Eric being a baseball player is that from time to time we get some pretty cool, well, perks! We are really lucky and blessed to be able to have the adventures and opportunities that we do. 

A few weeks ago my best friend from high school, Hannah, was able to come out for a week and visit! We were kind of lazy, had some chinese food delivered, got fat eating Funfetti cake, and kind of just lounged around. 

The day before she left, we got the really awesome chance to take an all-day behind the scenes tour of Six Flags- Discovery Kingdom. It's about a 40 minute drive from our house, and is kind of like a combination of a Six Flags and Sea World. We got to meet some amazing animals up close and personal. So much fun! We had an amazing guide named Lisa who was there to take us around, and to take pictures for us all day. Of course I had my camera, but I was way too busy to even think about getting it out. Thank goodness for Lisa!

Our first stop was the tigers. They were so big and beautiful! I've never been that close to them before, and it really gave you perspective on how powerful these animals really are.




Next, we stopped by to see one of my personal favorites, the elephants. We met the most adorable elephant named Valerie. She was so sweet, and so smart!

{Showing us her teeth}


{So cute!!}

After elephants we made our way to the giraffes. They were so cute, and SO tall! Duh, right? We loved them!



Next comes my personal favorite. Let's all say it together...DOLPHINS! Love these animals more than words could ever express. They're so smart, so adorable, and just awesome! When I'm around them, it's like nothing else in the world matters. Alright that's enough...on that note...pictures!

{Obsessed}

{Nothing beter than dolphin kisses!}

{Pure elation}

Our last stop of the day was to see the walrus'. Fun fact: this particular walrus, and their little habitat place were actually the same exact ones that were seen in the movie 50 first dates with Adam Sandler! Pretty cool huh? The walrus' were Hannah's favorites of the day :)


{Smooch!}

{Aaaaand...he does sit-ups}

We had the most amazing time!! I'm hoping that one of these days Eric and I can get over there on an off-day, he would love it. I'm so glad Hannah could come out and visit. It's rare that my friends get to come out, so it was definitely a treat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment